After deferring my admission to Northeastern for a year, I am taking a gap year with an awesome program called Thinking Beyond Borders. With a group of 15 other students, I will be circumnavigating the globe while doing service work, staying with host families, and going on adventures.
I really won’t have much internet access, but when I do, this is where I’ll try to keep everyone updated!
I leave on September 13th, and I’ll be back on April 10th. Until then, I’ll be off with my backpack with experiences I can’t even imagine at this point.
If you’re curious, this is where I’ll be:
- Orientation in Mindo, Ecuador — Sep. 13-23
- Bua & Quito, Ecuador — Sep. 23-Oct. 30 (Natural Resources & Environmental Conservation)
- Machu Picchu, Peru — Oct. 31-Nov. 6
- Rural Chiang Mai, Thailand — Nov. 7-Dec. 14 (Sustainable Agriculture)
- Phnom Penh & Siam Reap, Cambodia — Dec. 15-Dec. 21
- Jaipur, India — Dec. 21-Jan. 28 (Education)
- Udaipur, India — Jan. 28-Feb. 4
- Plettenberg Bay, South Africa — Feb. 4-March 11 (Public Health)
- Addo Elephant National Park, South Africa — March 11-March 18
- Washington, D.C. — March 18-April 10